Monday, March 21, 2011

Early teething...

Mommy Moment #1256:  So, just when you think you have this mommy thing down pat, your 3 1/2 month old starts teething much earlier than you thought he would.

Bryant is only 3 1/2 months old and has started teething.  He hasn't learned to chew yet so any remedies I know of don't work because they all involve teethers, frozen washcloths, etc., etc.   The only thing that seems to console him so far is a cold bottle.  Poor guy, if I could take the pain away from him I would.  Oh, the best part is, he is teething just in time for our weekend mountain trip, that his dad will not be attending so I have my precious teething son all to myself this weekend.  Well, I say "all to myself".  I am attending a ladies retreat...all women.  Let me repeat, all women.  So I am sure that among the one hundred and fifty ladies there, there will be at least one with a comforting remedy for me.  But what to do with all of the hundreds of other tidbits of advice?  It should be an interesting weekend to say the least.

As I sit here, I become more appreciative of the silence that consumes our apartment.  For now.  As I am typing I hear him start to cry...well, time for round nine, or is it ten?  Anyhow, I will soon lose count.

No comments:

Post a Comment