Wednesday, April 13, 2011

He gives me butterflies...

Mommy Moment #1233:  All my baby has to do is give me one little smile, and I instantly get one thousand butterflies in my tummy.  I cannot believe this perfect little person in my arms is my son.  Half me, half Josh.  I couldn't ask for more.

If you guessed from the title of this post that I would be gushing like a school girl about my love for Josh, well--you are half right.  This blog is dedicated to my son, but in recognition of how much I love my son I must make this clear.  I am totally enamored with Josh.  Someone once said, when referring to their love, "you are the butter to my bread."  I feel that way sometimes.  Without Josh I am still me, but a much more bland version of me.  Had I never met my love I would have continued in existence, and maybe have been perfectly content.  But once I found him I knew I would never be the same and could never be without him, because without him I am a butterless piece of bread.  And how can you eat bread without butter once you have had the joy of trying it WITH butter?  It just cannot be.  So Joshua, I love you, you are my butter.

With that being said, I now have a rosy cheeked, chubby legged, snorting, dimpled, angel to show for the love Josh and I share.  Every time I see my baby smile, my heart skips a beat, my tummy fills with butterflies and I am happier with every moment of the day.  I am thrilled to be a mother, and consider it a privilege to be Bryant's mommy.  Okay, enough of all the sappy stuff here is a picture of my angel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment